sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2007 Jeep Commander 4.7L, 4wd, intermittent misfire, stalling

Customer Question

2007 Jeep Commander 4.7L, 4wd, intermittent misfire, stalling P codes random misfire and Injectors. Runs fine some times, mostly happens with A/C on an driving in city. On highway, on issues. Sometimes will occur when idling for long time. Think it is a wiring harness issue or PCM?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you send data to my e-mail address? Not willing to add my e-mail password ***** your site, just e-mail address
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, had a typo in original description, should read: On highway with A/C on, no issues, unless I am in stop and go traffic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible you could have an injector wiring issue or internal issue in the PCM but neither are very likely.
The most likely cause for this would actually be the throttle position sensor. When a TPS gets worn it can start to create voltage fluctuations in it's signal. This can cause the engien to die at idle or low speeds if the voltage dips low enough.
It isn't unheard of for an erratic TPS to cause injector circuit codes to set. Sometimes an erratic TPS can be seen with a scant tool but sometimes a labscope is needed.
If you're having RPM fluctuations at idle you can simply unplug the TPS and see what happens. If the idle settles down then replace the sensor.