Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How much does it cost help

Customer Question

how much does it cost for your help
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It is $22, what is the question you have? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 jeep grand cheerokee, power windows dont work all 4, power at switch. no broken wires in jams
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The orange/white wire has 12v and the black wire should have good ground. Have you checked both? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes for sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i believe pci bus yellow /violet wire should have 0 to 7 sguare volts, when i check it there is nothing there,other areas modules have same voltage thats the same as the no 2 pin on data link
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the yellow/violet wire is broken in door jam as it should have same voltage as yellow/violet wire at data link connector, if not you will need to follow the wire between the two points. If voltage is the same then you will need to replace the drivers door module but wiring is more likely. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I also wanted to mention sometimes disconnecting battery and touching cables together for a minute with battery disconnected will reset the modules. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill try that cable touching cables, 3 differant door modukes in junkyard made no differance ill give it a shot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also seems when i connect cables back up big draw on battery when it first touches
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Try the battery reset, the next step would be using a capable scan tool to see if your able to communicate with each door module. Otherwise you can try to test resistance between modules. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.