sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Liberty: . I have a 2012 Liberty that is periodically

Customer Question

hello. I have a 2012 Liberty that is periodically shutting off when at idle. Sometimes the car will start right back up, other times it needs 10 min or so. any likely causes?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that can cause the engine to die. You could be losing crank sensor signal, the powertrain control module may be going down, you could be losing fuel pressure, or there may be an internal issue in the TIPM, the module/fuse box under the hood.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to check for fault codes. Do you know if any codes are setting?