Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wrangler: I had intermittent starting problems. Engine would

Customer Question

I had intermittent starting problems. Engine would miss while accelerating. Light raps to distributor and coil would allow a start. Engine would stop missing after warm up. Replaced coil, plugs, wires. Started, ran pretty good for two days. Now, won't start.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This sounds like a failed cam sensor in the distributor or a bad crank shaft position sensor on the top left of the transmission bell housing. If you have a scan tool or code reader, check and see if there are any related codes for the cam or crank sensor and replace the sensors . The only other thing it may be is a problem with the PCM (engine computer. If there are no codes at all, then suspect the PCM and have it replaced. I Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you did not and I will send it again.
Chris