Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wrangler: , I'm hoping someone can help me. I own a 2011

Customer Question

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I own a 2011 wrangler with a v6. A few days ago I noticed tap from the engine. I immediatly checked the oil. And found non on the stick. Quickly started adding some and it took 5qts. After adding the oil (5w-20) started it up and the tapping was still there. I was thinking lifters? But after some reasurch I found that this engine has been nown to loose oil. Now what? There is only 55k on the motor. Can you recommend anything?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
which v6 do you have?you may still be under the 100k powertrain warranty BUT you have to have your record to prove you maintained the vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.6. I'm the third owner (humm). I've owned it for 5 months. Have you heard of an issue with this motor?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
no not with using oil that's for sure, this engine has been excellent on oil usage, AS LONG S YOU change it when needed (6 k on this engine)it does have an issue and extended warranty on the LEFT cylinder head but that's allif you have your vin I can see if any warranty is left