sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Compass: Eric, My daughter has been experiencing problem

Customer Question

Hi Eric, My daughter has been experiencing problem with her 2008 Compass. These are the codes that were pulled; PO 2769,721,717,962,966,826, & 730. It started with vehicle stalling while driving at speeds about 50mph. The vehicle cannot get above 17 mph. Thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem is either an internal failure in the transmission or an electrical issue. It could be wiring but problems are often caused by a poor connection at the round connector on the left end of the trans.

The first thing I would recommend is locating the round connector on the left end of the trans. Spray the terminals in the connector and on the trans with some electrical contact cleaner and reassemble it. There is a very good chance that this will take care of the issue. If not then the problem is most likely an internal electrical issue in the trans which would require replacement; it will take some electrical testing to determine what is going on but hopefully it's just a connection issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you have picture of the connector or diagram that is on the left end of the trans for a 2008 Compass ? This to help out my future son-in-law. Thanks
I've attached an actual photo of the transmission in which I drew an arrow to the electrical connector.