sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Grand Cherokee: I bought a used 2007 jeep grand Cherokee a

Customer Question

I bought a used 2007 jeep grand Cherokee a month ago - it started to stall / buck when I was stopping at stop signs etc. then in next couple of weeks started to have no pickup - afraid to drive on highway and I have to for work. brought it brakes plus who recommended a complete tune / spark plug replacements etc for 1k - I don't have that much $ help!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be causing the engine to die and have a lack of power. It could be a cam or crank sensor issue, cam timing, fuel pressure, wiring, and I've seen quite a few cases of failed EGR position sensors causing unintended EGR flow which will cause hesitation or dying at low speeds.
The first step in diagnosing the issue will be checking for fault codes. I would have hope that this was done by the shop that looked at it.
Prices will vary depending on where you go but at the very most replacing the spark plugs on this wouldn't exceed $300. Do you know what else they were going to do or replace?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - they said there were no engine lights on so they can't pin point the issue - never said anything about fault codes - they were going to replace - fuel system service - flush labor - 3 part fuel kit - spark plugs - coils - tune up
Please reply here rather than opening duplicate questions.
They were not able to duplicate either problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - they said it smelled a little like gas coming out of the exhaust. would a tune up fix that issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I have not smelled it
I'm sure there is no fuel in the exhaust if it's running fine, and in the event of a severe misfire it would shut off injector drivers.
Have the problems happened again since the dealer looked at it?