sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Grand cherokee overland: brad, I have 03 grand cherokee overland,

Customer Question

brad, I have 03 grand cherokee overland, problem with a/c air output in cabin. fan runs, but think it should be running at higher speed. Does this model have a relay that takes the blower to a higher speed when a/c on
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Blower motor speed doesn't change when the a/c is turned on, speed is controlled with the knob on the control head regardless of mode, temperature or a/c.

If the blower motor is running slowly it could be the motor, a wiring or connection issue, the blower motor power module, or possibly the control head. A control head issue isn't likely.

The first thing I would recommend is checking connections at the power module, which is mounted on the bottom of the heater box on the right side. If the connection is burnt then replace the power module and connector.

If that doesn't appear to be an issue then power and ground to the motor can be load tested, and if ok then the motor can be condemned.