sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Cherokee: I just bought a 1998 cherokee Laredo and the turn

Customer Question

I just bought a 1998 cherokee Laredo and the turn signals are working intermittently and the head lights aren't working. Ideas?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
the two issues should be two separate problems. If fuses are good then the most likely issue would be the multifunction switch and the headlamp switch. It's possible that the multifunction switch could be causing both issues, or it could be a wiring issue with each system. I've seen quite a few cases where wires were broken off at the back of the multifunction switch, usually an issue if the steering column is adjusted up and down excessively.
Have all bulbs been checked?