Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Wrangler unlimited: Chris, I'm reading your reply here.

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I'm reading your reply here. Thanks so much for the info. I am getting a gas cap warning/oil change warning which leads to a check engine light. I am inspecting my jeep jk's fuel filler bucket but do not see any issues. The codes i am getting on my code reader are PO456 and PO457. I have just replaced the old gas cap with a new mopar cap and i still have the same codes.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have crawled under the car and inspected the connections to the evap canister. I have removed and re-plugged in the two sensors. All seems ok. No cracks or anything in the canister and everything seems to be connected properly. Same with the connection to the rear of the fuel tank.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This usually means the fuel cap is leaking or the Evaporative System Integrity Monitor (ESIM) Assembly has failed. I'd start by replacing fuel cap if that doesn't help replace the ESIM. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.