Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Grand Cherokee: Dave,My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee is blowing

Customer Question

Dave,
My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee is blowing cold air on the driver side, but the passenger side and rear vents are barely even cool. I have the ATC system and both sides are set all the way on cold and A/C is on.
Based on what I've found online, it sounds like it may be a problem with the passenger side blend door. The door does seem to be working (changing the temperature setting does change the temperature of the air coming out of the vent), but it just doesn't get nearly as cold. Since the actuator is working, next thing to check is the blend door calibration. According to the FSM, this must be done with a scan tool for the ATS system.
I happen to have a WiTech tool available to me, because the company I work for has one, but when I pull up the HVAC system on there, there is nothing listed under system tests or misc. funtions. Also, under the "Data" and "ECU Details" tabs, it just continually says "Retrieving Data". On all of the other systems, the data and EDU detai
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
It does not sound like your tool is adequate, and I doubt this step is needed if there was not a prior dead battery, part swap. Can you remove the actuator and move the door by hand to see if you get cold air to rule out the door to blame or a low Freon issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris