Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a randomly dying 2000 WJ 4.7 . New mopar cam n crank

Customer Question

I have a randomly dying 2000 WJ 4.7 . New mopar cam n crank sensors...help
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it dies I have no gauges, but still have radio. I have no codes from the odometer 'key trick' or a diagnostic machine. Now that it's hot out it is very often.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swapping out the ASD relay works sometimes, I can get back n nd it starts tight back...most of the time it's a 30-45 minute wait time, then it will run normal for 5-30 minutes. ..then it dies
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component to cause this type of fault here is the electronic ignition switch itself.If this has not been tested to see if one or more of its circuits are failing/acting up when this occurs this needs done.If a fault is found it will need to be replaced.
Thanks Pete