Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Liberty Limited: I have a 2005 Liberty Unlimited 2.8L Autom

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Liberty Unlimited 2.8L Autom 4x4, has over 300 psi in no.1 and 2 cyls. has pulse signals to these injectors also. switched 1 for 2 injectors , this is all for a missing firing cyl. and every time I go to replug the hardshell connector back onto no. 1 inject tor, this cyl jumps alive and back to dead again.I am going crazy.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my "temp" password ***** "5ew4xbc"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I see if my ?'s have been resolved??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Inspect the wiring and wiring connections to the injectors to see if any loose,damaged or shorted wiring is found.if you are able to reconnect the connector and the cylinder is awake or operating for a short period but then drops off again this indicates a fault with the wiring on the engine in most cases.I would check this wiring and see if any issues are found with it.If an issue is found it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.
If the wiring is all found to be o.k. this may be the engine computer itself at fault needing replaced as I have seen the computer fail before requiring replacement.
Thanks Pete