sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Wrangler: My wrangler 2003 won't crank over...all of a sud

Customer Question

My wrangler 2003 won't crank over...all of a sudden.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that will cause a no crank condition and if no fuses are blown it will take some electrical testing to know exactly what is going on.
I'm assuming that everything else works and the headlamps are normal brightness.
If you near no noise from the starter then odds are the relay is not being commanded on. If that's the case it could be the ignition switch, wiring, or range sensor, but the most common issue I've seen is a broken ignition switch actuator pin. This goes between the lock cylinder and ignition switch to turn the switch when the key is turned. A small piece often breaks off the end and prevents the ignition switch from turning to the crank position.