Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Hiya I have a 4.7 grand Cherokee but im getting fault codes

Customer Question

Hiya I have a 4.7 grand Cherokee but im getting fault codes po171. basically it starts but has a misfire and when you drive it just seems to struggle and splutter. up to quarter throttle its fine. also when its warm it wont start at all, please help :D
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0171 commonly sets on Jeep vehicles ranging in several different years. I don't see the year of your Jeep listed but one common problem on many of their years, is the Power Steering Pressure Switch (PSPS). The PSPS leaks and it actually pushes power steering fluid through the switch and into the wiring harness. Disconnect the PSPS and check for fluid in the connector. P/S fluid can be pushed all the way to the o2 sensor connectors and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) connectors. This can cause drive-ability problems similar to what you are experiencing.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.