Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Wrangler Sahara Unl.: My 07 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara went

Customer Question

My 07 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara went into "access mode" for no reason. The dealer told me to disconnect the battery for an hour then reconnect and try the starter again. After the reconnect, all of the possible electronic devices went haywire, and the "no bus" code was displayed. still no start (obviously). What is the problem with her?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component that can fail or act up and cause this issue here is the electronic ignition switch itself.If this switch has not been tested to see if the signals going in and coming out are all o.k. this needs done.This will cause bus communication faults as well like you see here.
Thanks Pete