Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Rubicon: When Jeep runs while and unit warms up and you

Customer Question

When Jeep runs for a while and unit warms up and you stop the engine, it will not start again in high range until it sits for about 20 minutes to cool down but if you shift it into low range*****it starts right away, what could cause that?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the dealer did not check the transmission range sensor/position sensor as well as the transfer case position sensor/actuator signals this needs done.If an incorrect signal is being sent from one of these components here this can cause this issue and will need corrected.
If they did not duplicate the fault when warm they need to hold onto the vehicle and operate it until they can duplicate it so they can then locate and repair the fault.I have had to do this myself before in the past for issues like this here that were difficult to duplicate.
Thanks Pete