Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wrangler: My check engine light just started flashing and beeping

Customer Question

My check engine light just started flashing and beeping on my 2007 wrangler Sahara. It is also running rough and seems like reverse and 2nd gear are the worst.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! A flashing check engine light means that the PCM (engine computer) is detecting a cylinder misfire. Tell me when was the last time you had a tune up? (spark plugs, wires, etc.)..
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hit 100000 miles
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Did you have the wires replaced also at that time?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, well something is causing the misfire. Usually it is a spark plug, but can be the plug wires. The other things it may be is a bad fuel injector or an engine mechanical problem like a burnt valve. But what you need to do is to have a shop check the wires and replace them if they are questionable. If they are ok, then have a compression test done to verify that the engine is sound. If it is, then the problem has to be 1 bad spark plug(s) 2 bad plug wires, or 3 a bad fuel injector. I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you need further assistance with this.
Chris