sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Liberty: Wow that was quick :)My wife's 2002 Jeep Libery

Customer Question

Wow that was quick :)
My wife's 2002 Jeep Libery is having battery issues. Enough juice to blow the horn but not to crank. I jump started it ok and ran for half hour. Would not restart - jumped again and took it home. I put a new battery in and it would not crank: jumped it and it ran. Tailgate lock is trying to cycle even with he ignition turned off. Now the battery light on the dash is on and it looks like there is no juice from the alernator : dash lights flashing on and off. Thank s Sean
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like you at least have a cable or connection issue. If you have to jump start it even with a good battery then you have to have a connection issue between the battery terminals and posts. The only thing taken out of the picture when jump starting is the battery and connections between the battery and terminals.
If you remove the terminals and use something like sandpaper to clean the inside then reinstall them, does anything change?