Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE
78075103

Jeep Compass: I have a 2008 Jeep Compass and the eps light

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Jeep Compass and the eps light comes on after driving on dry pavement. It feels like intermittent braking is happening. I manually turn the eps off and it drives ok but when I apply the brakes with moderate pressure it feels like the abs is kicking in.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 1 year ago.
Hello, in my experience the compasses and EPS lights I have found a few common issues.
If your eps lights are on check the Ball Joints and Tie Rods and tie rod ends for looseness or play. If this all checks out okay, all the wheel bearings will need to be checked for looseness or play. If they are not be the problem, then have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. Having the vehicle scanned will most likely lead to a bad Steering Angle Sensor.
Having a vehicle scanned at a dealer should cost no more that 80 dollars.
I hope this helps guide you to a successful repair. Let me know if you have any other questions.