Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair
2947720

Grand Cherokee limited: I have a 1999 JGC Limited with the

Customer Question

I have a 1999 JGC Limited with the 4.7L engine. I am about to replace my AC Compressor and was curious to all steps needed to complete DIY. I have yet to find a good DIY for this online. FYI, I will be taking it to the shop to get evacuated and charged after installation of new compressor.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
.
The oil type for the compressor is ND-8 PAG oil. Normally you put in the same amount that comes out of the old one, or 4ozs. if the old one is empty.
….
I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser. I have included the accumulator, they do recommend replacing that as well when doing a compressor.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbk5p08bbx4sslr/Compressor%20Remove.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime
.