sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Commander: My jeep recently had a sensor replaced in the transmission.

Customer Question

My jeep recently had a sensor replaced in the transmission. Now it flickered the displays and would drop rpm while driving. We checked the battery connections. Even replaced them. It clicks three times and won't start.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like you have at least a couple different issues going on. If you're just seeing illumination flickering with the headlamps on while driving that's usually caused by a bad multifunction switch.
The no start condition could be a handful of things and it will take some electrical testing to see what is going on. A rapid clicking while holding the key in the crank position is usually caused by low battery voltage.
A single click each time the key is turned is usually caused by the starter itself, but I've also seen quite a few issues on these with voltage drop at the starter solenoid wire terminal crimp, this could cause a single or multiple clicks.