Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I own a Ford F 150 and the brake light inside the truck panel

Customer Question

I own a Ford F 150 and the brake light inside the truck panel won't go off. It just stays red. I had work done on it and the mechanic said it was the master cylinder. Okay but the light is still on. could their be a problem with the cluster panel?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This light would turn on if the brake fluid level was low or if emergency brake was pulled. You can disconnect each switch one a time to see which one shuts off light then replace that switch. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are the switches underneath the dash board? Does this have anything to do with my master cylinder??
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
No it has nothing to do with the cylinder. The switch for parking brake is right at top of parking brake assembly under dash. The switch for brake fluid is on the brake fluid reservoir under the hood. Neither have anything to do with master cylinder, it sounds like mechanic took a random guess. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.