Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
29331485

Cherokee: I have a "91 Limited six cyl, and the security system

Customer Question

I have a "91 Limited six cyl, and the security system has got me going crazy! The thing will not dissarm. the lights will stop flashing but the engine won't start (it will turn over and try to start but the system kills it) I've had this problem over and over.....I'm just sick of it but now I can't get it to disarm at all after two days of trying
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
First you lock and unlock the passengers door this will disarm the system and it worked but now stopped working ,i would pull the door panels and check the wiring connections for damage on both front doors , the rear door you can try this is also hooked up to the system.
For a repair sheet please check the three links .
http://wikisend.com/download/666988/1.PNG
http://wikisend.com/download/193452/2.PNG
http://wikisend.com/download/488508/3.PNG
Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating ,
This way i can get back to you with further assistance or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The horn has not worked in about 5 years and to get to the accessory position on the switch takes about two minutes of jiggling the key (I tried but no luck, lights just flash). The key does not fit the lift gate and if the driver side door gets accidentaly locked it will not unlock with out trying to do it about 40 times. Let me be clear; I have no intention of repairing the security system. I need to know what I will have to hot wire around it to get the thing to run! (I know it will; because it starts, but then gets immedietly shut down after letting go of the key) I hate the system beyond words! Will hot wireing the "Auto Shutdown" relay help? putting the fuel pump on a flip switch to the battery? Whatever it takes to do it, but I will never enable it to work EVER AGAIN. I've put up with this for far to many years, and now can't get it turned off. I am on disability, (I have Parkinson's) The jeep is all I have to drive, and will have to get someone to help do the work free because I don't have the money
Please can you help me? This question is costing me more than you know.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay i will opt out as i'm not sure how to bypass this system but there are a few here that can help you. have to wait and see if one is online .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do? Did I just lose $26?......Please say no, I really need that,...or the Jeep...not loose both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really,.... I don't know what I'm supposted to click on......
...hello?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
No don't worry the deposit is still yours .
If a expert sees your question that he can answer and you accept his answer and he will be paid ,but until that you have your money in your JA account and can be refunded at anytime at your request .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K. I've got good news: I found the problem. While the infromation you gave me was valid, and, I think could have found the cause.... (step 4. diagnostic mode) ...I couldn't use it because of the horn issue.
I took a chance,removed the pass. side door panl to see if I could manually short the lock switch wires and maybe get it to cut off; when I reached in it fell off in to my hand !!! (used a small screwdriver to shut the damn thing off)
But the horns were not your fault...so I would like to give you an "excellent" rating, however since I still had to do it on my own, I'm afraid clicking and submitting that will automaticlly charge me. (which I don't think is fair because I already found diagnostic mode on a Jeep forum and I own a copy of Haynes Automotive Repair Manual Jeep Cherokee 1984 thru 1999 #50010 (1553) which contains the wireing diagrams)
Anyway ... How do you feel about it? You gave right ansewers; not directly to my needs; but right , so should I have to pay? or will you give me a pass on this one? (if so, where do I request said refund. (I really am in a tight spot. not your fault though))