Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

Patriot: Chris:I am reading this saga of the guy with the

Customer Question

Chris:
I am reading this saga of the guy with the jerking and stalling on his patriot. I get the jerking, but no check engine light, or any other problem, except the jerking. Always on acceleration, and especially on an an incline. I was sure it was CVT, but it may be these other things(ETC, or PCM) also from what I gather. What do you think? The dealership checked the trans (how I don't know) and said it was OK.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The type of jerking you are describing under load is in most cases caused by an engine misfire. The place to start to determine if this is the case would be to install a scan tool that can read the data stream and take a look at the misfire count. If there is a cylinder misfiring it should show which on is failing. Its not uncommon for this type of misfire to not set a fault code right away. If you can have this checked and post back with the results we can work from there.