sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Cherokee Sport 4x4: My '98 Cherokee Sport is 4-wheel drive

Customer Question

My '98 Cherokee Sport is 4-wheel drive , A/C,P/S, P/B, P/W - 4.0 in-line 6 cyl. with 100,300 miles. It runs like a dream!!
Currently I am dealing with an issue of my Key Fob will lock the Doors but won't "unlock" the doors???
Also I have : No Horn, No Electric Mirror Movement, An Airbag Light on the Console, and the Radio Speakers change sound location depending on the passenger door being opened or closed??
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You have a handful of different issues.
If the power locks work correctly from the switch but one button on the fob doesn't work then the problem is almost surely the fob, it's output would need to be tested to know for sure.
The horn issue will take some electrical testing to determine what is happening, as will the mirrors. The horn issue could be a blown fuse, the horn relay, the horns themselves, the horn switch, clockspring or the horn switch. The mirrors could be the switch itself or wiring if both stopped at the same time.
The airbag light could be a number of things but if the light came on at the same time the horn stopped then you most likely have a bad clockspring in the steering column.
If moving a door has an effect on radio tone then you almost surely have a short to power or ground on the speaker wiring in the boot between the front of the door and the body.