Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

Grand Cherokee: How long is the vacuum line hose in a 2000

Customer Question

How long is the vacuum line hose in a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo? And how long does it take to replace it?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
There are several vacuum hoses on a 200 Grand Cherokee. The length would depend on which one needs replacing. The timeframe would also depend on which vacuum line was being replaced...
Can you post a bit more specific info as to which vacuum line hose needs to be replaced?
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .
Thank you!
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. The hose that needs to be replaced is attached to the vacuum reservoir and extends beneath the battery onto the firewall of the 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hello Vanessa,
Ok after a bit of research it looks like this vacuum line is part of a Vacuum Harness. This consists of formed plastic tubing routed from the reservoir to the engine vacuup port and over to the firewall where it enters to control the HVAC.
There is no lengths listed in the parts information but if you post the last 8 digits of the VIN, I can get a part number for your vehicle and see if it is still available for purchase.
Let me know if you can post the vin and we can go from there....
Thank you,
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark [URL=http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0]My Profile Page[/URL](Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it[:Y:]

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...[:)]

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you...[;)] It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! [:)]

Robert