Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead Tech/shop foreman
12781541

I have a 2007 Commander Sport Awd/4wd 105,000 miles we recently

Customer Question

i have a 2007 Commander Sport Awd/4wd 105,000 miles we recently bought. Yesterday the following indicator lights came on at the same time while driving: BRAKE, ABS, TCS, ESP/BAS. I have noticed that they cycle normally (on then off) upon starting the vehicle and will not come on in reverse but consistently all come on at the same time upon hitting 11-12 mph going forward, everytime. (one thing i have noticed with the brakes is that ther is not much parking brake). Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ken
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
Hello, to be able to find out the problem with your vehicle, we need to know what the code is in the ABS module.I can tell you that all the lights that are on are related.It will probably be a simple fix, probably a wheel speed sensor, but I need to know what the code is.Most auto parts stores will scan for codes for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try to pull a code with my SCT and it indicated there was none.
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
Does it read ABS module code?The scanner has to be able to read ABS codes.Does it read live data?If so, see and monitor all four wheel speed sensors while driving.
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
I just checked and the SCT does not read ABS module codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was just checking that myself. I will have to go to the shop in te morning to get the codes read. Can I get back to you tomorrow ?
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have also read online that it could be caused by a dirty speed sensor and that removing and cleaning them may resolve the issue. ??
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard of removing and cleaning them to fix the problem.But you could try.But do all of them since you don't know what the code is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again. I will get the code read in the am. Cheers
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
OK, let me know when you get them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess because the lights go out when you first start the vehicle the auto shop guys can't retrieve a code. Funny enough though they went out this morning on their own. ??
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
Did you take them out and clean them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet, went to the shop first. Just starting to take things apart now. Will clean them anyway though.
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let me know if the light comes back on.