Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

Grand cherokee/overland: my 2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland

Customer Question

my 2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland screen went black. what can I do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
There is a software update for some vehicles for this concern.
Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN? I can check to see if the update applies to your vehicle. Also I need to know how many miles are on the vehicle?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert,

My Jeep has 12,500 miles and the last 8 digits are EC417545

Thank you,

Jaime

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a 2014...kind of confusing based on the above emails. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Leaving town in an hour or so and would really appreciate an answer before that...

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...
Ok there is a software update that addresses this concern. TSB # ***** Most likely you will need to have the dealer perform this update. If under 36/36 this should be covered under warranty.
If you are able to get the screen back up, you should be able to do the update yourself... Sometimes disconnecting the battery gets the radio to come back. Once you get the radio display working you can go to the following site to download the update software.
https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
You will need at least a 4gb usb memory stick to use for installing the update.. Instructions are included at the above web site....
If you don't want to do it yourself or can't get the display back up you will have no choice but to have the dealer do the update for you....
If you need additional info or a copy of the TSB, let me know, I can help with this...
PS - sorry for the delayed response, was away from my computer....
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .
Thank you!
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you have had any luck with your radio...
I captured a screenshot of the items that can be solved by the radio update...

let me know if you need help with the update process if you decide to do this yourself...
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert