roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  My knowledge of Jeeps from the early 60's till present. Love to help people with there issues.
3506196

Patriot: we just had the abs module and pump and the short

Customer Question

we just had the abs module and pump and the short runner valve changed in our 2009 jeep patriot because the car was not accelerating and abs and traction lights were on... after driving it one time it stopped accelerating again.. it went back in to the shop only to say the transmission needed to be replaced..should they not have caught this 1st time around and would them NOT taking care of something have caused this to happen?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
is the abs and trac light still on???
the fact that those lights were on indicates they were not working anyway so they could not cause the primary issue.
did they check for codes??? did they road test to verify the issue?
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

light is not on any longer.. my daughter is picking up car right now and will ask those questions..should they give her results of they did ck for the codes if she asks

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
a lot of scan tools do not have the capability to print the codes. if there were codes then they should write them down on the work order.
Roy