Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Grand Cherokee Laredo: Matt, I had my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Customer Question

Matt, I had my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in the shop a couple of weeks ago for repairing my oil pan leak. After receiving it back neither the horn nor the speed control worked. I found that the horn fuse was blown and replaced it to fix that. The speed control fuse #20 is fine; I even tested it with a meter to be sure. I found a two part connector disconnected and hanging behind the brake pedal under the driver side. I reconnected it, but that didn't solve the problem. I haven't tracked down what that connector is for yet, but I don't notice anything different since connecting it. What else in the speed control since could be disconnected? The speedometer and odometer work, so it can't be the speed sensor on the transfer case I wouldn't think. Is there a relay in the relay block under the hood that serves the speed control ? I don't see one on the relay block diagram.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Check and see if the brake lights work .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they do. The rear window heater and O/D switch work, which are on the same fuse as the speed control. Dug into my manual and checked the whole speed control system. Found the linkage disconnected. Most likely the problem. Don't know why it had been disconnected by the mechanics to fix an oil pan and manifold leaks.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Which linkage was disconnected .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speed control linkage to the vacuum cylinder. The speed control works now.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
That makes sense, good work my friend .
Rgds Greg