Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wrangler: 1999 jeep wrangler shakes badly in 4th and 5th gear.

Customer Question

1999 jeep wrangler shakes badly in 4th and 5th gear. Terrible gas millage. It is not stuck in*****
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Is it a misfire type shake or a driveline shake? Has the check engine light been coming on while driving?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shake is almost as if the Jeep is in to low of a speed to be in that gear. pushing the accelerator to the floor stops the shaking or sometimes just lifting up on the gas peddle and not giving it as much gas will stop it. it is almost a jerking feeling like I have shifted up to early. Check engine light is on and the gas mileage is below 10 mpg. It is not stuck in 4wd.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the additional information. Have the trouble codes been checked with a scan tool yet?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Not yet.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok i say do that next. Ask the guys at the auto parts store to connect their scan tool and check for any codes. They will do that for free. If there are any, note them and tell me what they are.
Chris