sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Wrangler rubicon: David, I have an 07 Jeep Rubicon. The

Customer Question

Hi David, I have an 07 Jeep Rubicon. The fog lights are intermittent. id they flash randomly. Any thoughts
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The fog lamps are controlled with drivers directly from the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood). Possible causes for the lights going off would be the TIPM, switch, and wiring.
The lights share a ground but have separate power feeds. If they're going off together then they're either losing ground or the TIPM is intentionally turning them off because it thinks the switch has been turned off, or the signal voltage from the switch is unrecognized.
The first thing that should be done is determine if you're losing power or ground to the bulbs when they turn off.