Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Hemi engine

Customer Question

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Hemi engine 77000 miles. It has a red lighting bolt two parentheses that come on and my engine will lose power. I stop and turn the engine off it might let me go for another few miles?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer is putting the operating system into fail safe mode. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code retrieved. Most part stores beside those in California will run a code scan for you at no charge. If you can get this can done and post back with the fault code then we can work from there to get the problem resolved.