Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Laredo: My wife's 03 Laredo has been parked in our garage for

Customer Question

My wife's 03 Laredo has been parked in our garage for three weeks. I started it up yesterday and the engine "missed" a bunch. It was okay on the road. I started it again later when the engine was warmed up. Same thing, maybe a little worse. Bad fuel? Plugs? Had the engine tuned up last year when I had the front and rear bearings replaced. It ran fine before it was parked. Any suggestions?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. I doubt it is bad fuel, but could be so try a fresh tank of fuel. The other thing it may be is the check valve in the fuel pump. When the engine is off, fuel from the fuel rail may drain back into the tank and then cause a loss of prime in the rail. Hence the rough run for a few seconds after starting. Try fresh fuel. If the problem continues, then have the fuel pressure checked right after the engine is shut off. It should hold pressure for at least 20 minutes. If it falls off, then have the fuel pump replaced. I hope this helps, Chris