Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Jeep Grand cherokee: I have a 2000 grand cherokee with 315000

Customer Question

I have a 2000 grand cherokee with 315000 miles. The horn started working sometimes yes and no. Now it stopped working. Also, the front of the steering wheel where I push the horn seems to have a deflated feeling. The cruise control also isn't working. Please help.
Thanks,
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
is the air bag light on?the reason I ask is there is a possibility the clockspring has failed which will cause the cruise to not work and the horn to not work.do you have a test light and the ability to use it to test some circuits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Airbag lite not on.
Yes, can get a meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Airbag lite not on.
Yes, can get a testing meter.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
NOT A METER a test LIGHT a meter will tell you if there is voltage BUT not if the circuit can carry current a old fashioned test light can, I will need the vin number to pull a wiring diagram for the horn circuit, you should also have a couple of jumper wires handy s well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can buy a test light at auto store?
Jumper wires I have.
Don't have vin number with me. It's 2000 grand cherokee.
Thanks
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
test lights are available at most all auto parts stores just DO NOT get an LED one get a traditional incandescent one, that will put a load on the circuit, I can use year and model BUT I need engine size as well, and I will only get a generic diagram we have used vin specific diagrams for quite some time