Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

Just replaced original 07 GC laredo battery...now have ESP/BAS

Customer Question

Just replaced original 07 GC laredo battery...now have ESP/BAS and traction control lights on.....any ideas?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.When the ESP/BAs and traction control light come on it means the computer is seeing a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, the next thing you are going to want to do is to have the system scanned and see what the fault codes are that are setting. Once you have them we can address then as needed. One other thing you can try after you retrieve the fault codes is to remove the battery cables and touch then together which will rest the PCM (computer) which may resolve the problem. This will also clear any fault codes so the scan should be performed first and those codes saved. Post back with the results and we can work from there.