Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

grand cherokee laredo: 2009 grand Cherokee Laredo. Good morning.

2009 grand Cherokee Laredo. Good morning. truck runs great. Have a factory remote starter. Electronic key got stuck in the ignition. Turned the truck on & off a few times, shifted in & out of gear. key then came out fine. Went to leave a little later, remote started fine but neither the key or a spare key would work. Message said key was defective, not programmed etc... Disconnected & reconnected the battery. Still no go. Have power ie. the locks still work fine with the remote but neither key will work in the ignition & now the remote starter wont work either...

Hello, my name isXXXXX you for allowing me to assist you! This is a problem with the WIN module. The WIN is the device that insert the key into. The WIN will need to be replaced and programmed to your keys. This is something that the dealer will need to do because the programming will need to be done using the Star Scan or WiTech scan tools. Now if an independent shop has those tools, then they can replace the WIN and program it for you.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Looking online for an approximate cost to replace this module?

I am not sure, about the cost of the WIN, but labor to replace it and program it is about $165.00. Call the dealer parts department for the price if the WIN.