Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
29331485

LIberty: 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD. Smokes on exeleration, Gets

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD. Smokes on exeleration, Gets Poor Mileage
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

What colour is the smoke .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Black I think. Hard to tell in mirror

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Black I think. Hard to tell from mirror

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi James.

Probably is black if it happens with hard acceleration .

The main cause for this issue is the MAF sensor from the airfilter box to the turbo.

A good scann tool will confirm the running of the MAF .

A Blocked air filter or blockage in the air intake before the filter ..

Basically the mix ratio of air to fuel is not correct you are getting too much fuel or too less air .

To much fuel comes normally from the injectors being warn out and weak .
Have the injectors pressure tested if the MAF and airways are clear and clean.

Timing incorrect , cam / crank sensor failure .check for malfunction codes for any possibility with management issues .

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Greg,

Can I visually inspect for blockage or must I have a scan tool?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi James.

Remove the airfilter and check it ,check in the tubes that go before the air filter for blockages , if filter is dirty replace don't try and air pressure clean ..

Scann tool is to check the sensor readings MAF reading for starter .

Start the engine disconnect the MAF and go for a good drive after 10 minutes is it still smoking black .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I'll ket you know if it works

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi James .

If the Jeep is running well and there are no check engine warning lights on then the most common issue for your problem is a simply blocked air filter .

Go ahead and do the things you can do .

Airway blockage Sucked in plastic bags ,
Air filter .
Pull the hose to the turbo is there black engine oil present .
Check the oil level is it too high if it is get back to me asap.

Rgds Greg