Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
29331485

Grand cheeroke limited: jeep 2008 grand cheeroke with 3.0 diesel

Customer Question

jeep 2008 grand cheeroke with 3.0 diesel engine and staling on the road for no reason but restart after.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Is the check engine light "ON" when the engine is running .

What codes did the dealer find .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After restart both the check engine and the ETC lamp were on. »»»»The etcwas flashing.. After stopping and close the switch ounce, the etc lamp stop. After 5 time closing the ignition the check engine close.

Dealer did not told me the code, but told me that the 6 injectors stop.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jean .

See if you have any codes now and let me know.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Code were P0261, P0264, P0267, P0270, P0273, P0276

I hope it will welp

JP

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jean Paul .

Is the ECT warning lights on at the same time check engine light .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I restart both are on. The ECT light goes off after closing the ignition switch ounce.

J.P

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi JP.

This is what i thought , you will have to visit a local dealer and get them to check and test your PCM, as this is your problem a replacement PCM is needed.
This is a known problem with the CRD.
Get your dealer to investigate this issue, and they will also find this is your problem .

Sorry to pass you the bad news JP.

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg, I forgot to tell you that 2 weeks ago I went to the dealer and they changed the PCM. It is doing the same. Yesterday I return to the dealer and they found the wire that goes to the PCM was rubbing on a air conditionning pipe. They said that it may loose efficiency by induction.

The reason that I contact you is to have the knowledge and experiense of specalist in the maner.

Yhank you for your help.

J.P.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jp.

Thank you my friend , have a great week and thank you for using justanswer/Pearl .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg I rated you last week to the high level just after your last contact, and sent it to the system.

Do I have something else to do?

My regard

Jean Paul

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jean Paul .

No nothing you have done all that is needed.

Thank you again and God bless.

Greg