Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo: 2005 grand Cherokee 4.7 stalls

2005 grand Cherokee 4.7 stalls when stopping or on accelerating from stop. sets code for tps / map not agreeing. also transmission does not engage from stop. all intermittent. has new tps & map sensor no help.
Hello and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

I have a feeling this stalling condition is caused by low transmission fluid level. This is very common on this vehicle. Allow fluid level on this transmission can cause the torque converter clutch to disengage slowly causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop.

Another possible cause would be an air or a vacuum leak or even a bad IAC motor located on the throttle body.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thought it was fixed, but after two days still stops on acceleration at about 25 mph, no miss or other indicators just quits. will restart as if nothing wrong. From stop transmission occasionally does not engage untill about 2000 rpm then grabs. Transmission does not set code stalling sets 2074. all intermittent.

Are you saying that there is a code P2074 stored in the computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when it stalls it sets code p2074. problem with map &TPS. When the transmission fails to work it does not set a code. Yesterday it stopped 6 or seven times & the transmission failed to engage once. Today it worked fine in and out of town about 60 miles total each day.

Did you top off the transmission fluid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes trans is about .5 pint overfilled

It sounds like you could have a wiring issue or even an air or a vacuum leak. Here is the definition for this code.

P2074 Manifold Pressure/Throttle Position Correlation - Vacuum Leak Detected

Possible Causes
Check for a vacuum leak in the engine or a vacuum operated component
Check for high resistance in the 5-volt reference circuits
Check for high resistance in the sensor ground circuits
Check for high resistance in the MAP or TP sensor signal circuit
Check for high resistance in the MAP or TP sensor low reference circuit
MAP sensor has failed
TP sensor has failed
PCM has failed