Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Grand Cherokee: Question for Brad only. when should I expect

Question for Brad only.

when should I expect my 2013 Grand Cherokee 6 cylinder to need its first oil change? I thought I had read 6months or 5000 mi in the owners manual, but then when I read it again it just said to wait for the reminder on the dash?

What mileage should I expect it to pop up at? I am at 7month, 4500mi.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your question today...

Thanks for the request!!!!

Let me explain the oil change deal the best I can.. The oil change minder is programmed to monitor how you drive your Jeep and recommend the oil change as needed.. If you do allot of hwy driving then it's going to be longer between oil changes as compared to allot of city and stop and go driving.. The vehicle is recommended to serviced 6mo/6,000 miles, whichever comes first.. In your case I would change the oil @6,000 miles if the oil change minder doesn't pop up first.. But if it never pop's up don't worry, it isn't broke as we have some customers that it doesn't pop up as well..

So you can change it now if you wish, but I would say to go the 6mo or 6k miles in your case and then change it.. Also to reset the oil change minder you need to turn ignition on and press accelerator 3 times to floor within 5 seconds, then key off.. Then it's reset..

I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance don't hesitate to ask