Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Gran Cherokee: Hello, I bought an original MOPAR back camera

Hello, I bought an original MOPAR back camera to install on my JEEP GRAN CHEROKEE 2011/2012. The camera is compatible to my car according to VIN, but I need a code of 4 digits to type in the JEEP computer system at the dealer to make it work. Here is Brazil they don't have that number, something expected.... Please help!
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Jeep dealership technician and if you installed the camera the dealership will need to connect the scantool and update the vehicle configuration.. THey will also need to log into Chrysler and ADD the camera vehicle option to the VIN number... There is no code that you can enter to turn it on, as the dealership will need to do this...

I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance don't hesistate to ask
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tks! I will!
HI Marc,

Your Jeep dealership should know exactly what to do as I install camera's and other accessories all the time here at dealership and perform these steps on a regular basis..

If you need anymore assistance don't hesistate to ask. And thank you for the positive rating.