Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

How can u tell you tell if it is a 2002 to early 2003 engine

How can u tell you tell if it is a 2002 to early 2003 engine as I have a 2002 jeep liberty and have found a 2003 3.7 liter are the plugs different on the computer hook ups or does it say jtec on the computers as he is including them

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! The 2002 and 2003 Liberty 3.7 engines both use a JTEC type PCM (engine computer) with 3 connectors. It was not until 2004 that they used the NGC type PCM with 4 connectors. You should be able to use your existing PCM with the 2003 engine. The only thing you may need to do is to swap the sensors and/or fuel injectors from your 2002 to the 2003 engine if the connectors at the sensors or injectors are different. Otherwise it should be a fairly easy swap.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So he stripped engine with all the wiring harnesses intact so as long as the plugs fit into each other all will be good

Yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome! And thank you for using just answer!