Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited: My schrader valve leaked all my

My schrader valve leaked all my freon on out. Can I just pull a vacuum and then charge it? Should I add oil to it? It takes 24oz of freon so I was thinking of adding an once of oil to it as well.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Will do my best to assist you today.

Once you repair the leak from the Schrader valve , yes you should be fine to evacuate the system and add new Freon, there is no need to add more oil as its isn't likely it leaked out. Your system on the 1999 Grand Cherokee calls for 26 ounces (1.6 LBS) of Freon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is evacuating the same thing as pulling a vacuum?

Yes Greg , its the same thing , your simply sucking the system down with your vacuum pump.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told if i put liquid in to go in the high side and if I am using vapor to go in the low side. Sound right? I'm using them 12oz cans of 134A

No, You never try to charge from the High side, you always charge from the low side because it the suction side. The high side need to be shut off on your gauges.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok can i put pure liquid in the low side or use the vapor? What pressures do I want for low and high side? 35-40 low? 250ish high?

Yes you sure can, it will work both ways. Normal low side pressure on a fully charge system will be 35 to 40 Low side and right at 200 to 225 on the high side at idle.