Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Jeep: Started Jeep and drove a couple a hundred feet towards

Started Jeep and drove a couple a hundred feet towards gate. As we approached, the Jeep stopped running. I tried to restart, but it would not. Later it started, but again, it quit running after a few hundred feet. There were no trouble lights showing on dash.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. What is your vin number? Does it start anymore? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

VIN 1j4gl48k83w734531 It starts.

When it stops running how long do you have to wait for it to restart? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, it's been parked for awhile, and it only was tried 2 times. It was hours between the 2 times-just because I had to go to work and was gone all day-so I don't know if it would have started up sooner than that.

The symptoms you are describing fit a failing fuel pump. At beginning stages they can stop working when the get warm and start working again when cooled off and will not turn on any warning lights. To know for sure you will want to have a fuel pressure test done next time it shuts down and if fuel pressure is low replace the pump. The fuel pump is about a $400 job to have it done at a shop depending on where you go. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.