ND-TECH
ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified CJDR Master
26707557

grand cherokee: 1999 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 transmission codes

1999 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 transmission codes p0743 p1722 p1720 p0740 p0705 p1768 what do you think when trans gets warm it does not work any more

Welcome to the Jeep experts, My goal is to answer you question to the best of my ability and help till your are satisfied with the answer

OK all these codes are being caused by the P1722 which is a line pressure low code. This can be caused by an internal trans problem, sensor problem, connector issue of the line pressure sensor, or bad TCM (trans control module)

Click here, this is the diag test that needs to be followed to know what is causing the problem with your trans. The trans wont work correctly because it is in limp in mode which is a safety mode to protect from further damage.

Un fortunately with out being at the vehicle to run these test physically I could not give you a correct repair. I could suggest repairs but that may end up costing you lots of money and leave you frustrated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont get it because the line pressure when in park is ok but when in gear the desired line pressure and the actule line pressure is way off is it a line pressure selinoid or switch

Solenoid