Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara: what type of gas should i use in a new

Customer Question

what type of gas should i use in a new jeep and how often should i change the oil?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Jeep my name is Mark.

Your vehicle is equipped with an automatic oil change indicator system. The oil change indicator system will remind you that it is time to take your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance.

On Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) equipped vehicles, “Oil Change Required” will be displayed in the EVIC and a single chime will sound, indicating that an oil change is necessary.

On Non-EVIC equipped vehicles, “Change Oil” will flash in the instrument cluster odometer and a single chime will sound, indicating that an oil change is necessary.

Based on engine operation conditions, the oil change indicator message will illuminate. This means that service is required for your vehicle. Operating conditions such as frequent short-trips, trailer tow, extremely hot or cold ambient temperatures, and E85 fuel usage will influence when the “Change Oil” message is displayed. Depending on operating conditions, the message may appear as early as 3,500 miles (5 630 km) since last reset. Have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible, within the next 500 miles (805 km).

• The oil change indicator message will not monitor the time since the last oil change. Change your vehicle’s oil if it has been six months since your last oil change, even if the oil change indicator message is NOT illuminated.
  • Change your engine oil more often if you drive your vehicle off-road for an extended period of time.
  • Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 8,000 miles (13 000 km) or six months, whichever comes first.

All engines are designed to meet all emissions regulations and provide excellent fuel economy and performance when using high quality unleaded “regular” gasoline having an octane rating of 87. The use of premium gasoline is not recommended, as it will not provide any benefit over regular gasoline in these engines.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you are seeking.

Thank you,