Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2001 Jeep grand cherokee laredo: sensor replaced..crank sensor

I have a 2001 Jeep grand cherokee laredo 4 wd. I am getting the P1391 code. I have recently had the cam shaft sensor replaced as well as the crank sensor replaces with the housing. The jeep sputters for just a few seconds and then runs fine. I am not sure what else to check or have checked.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Hello!

If the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors have been replaced and the timing chain is not streched or jumped time, this code is usually due to a broken or cracked flex plate or the camshaft and or crankshaft signals out of sync with eachother. You can check the hold-down clamp on the oil pump drive housing to see if there are marks indicating that the oil pump drive housing has rotated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If the oil pump drive housing has rotated this indicates that he camshaft and or crankshaft signals are out of sync with each other or does this indicate another possible problem?

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Exactly.. this means that the cam and crank signals will be out of sync with each other and will set this code.