Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified

2010 jeep commander, need wiring diagram for running lights rear

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX am a Certified Auto Technician with 25+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may have to ask questions of you before I can answer. I only know as much about your concern as you have stated in your post, so please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible.

I have a diagram for the rear lighting circuits, if you need additional info don't hesitate to ask....

Rear Lighting - Click here to view

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, clicking "Accept" is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience: ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer,
It's been a few days since you asked a question about your vehicle, and I'm writing to follow up. Did the wiring diagram help? If not, let me know, I can continue to help you figure out the problem if necessary. And remember, if you have more questions, you can ask me directly — that's what I'm here for!
Thanks again for trusting JustAnswer with your Automotive Concern...
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The wiring diagram was fine but i still have no running lights, so to the Jeep garage it goes. Your money has already been taken out of or account. Thank you
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for accepting, If you need additional help, follow ups are free....Thanks for using JA...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There were a blue and white wire, and a yellow and white wire , that runs from the

rear lights to the fuse box behind the battery. They were hanging loose, were they suppose to be attached to the fuse box? Husband waiting for your answer.

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
are those wires in a wiring harness? or are they just ran separately by themselves and hanging there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Robert, the wires are in a harness that runs from the tail lights to the fuse box. One wire is a white wire with two blue stripes and the other wire is a yellow wire with white stripes.The wires were hanging loose, at the fuse box end, but all the other wires in the harness were connected to the fuse boxs. We were involved in an accident a short time back and they had to work on that side of the car and undo some of the wiring. They may not have had the wires secure in the sockets. We have no running light or side clearance lights front or back. Could the problem be in the ignition switch itself and how can I test the switch?
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.

The wire colors are different that what is shown in the wiring diagram, If those wires are hanging loose, than likely that is the problem, can you see on the fuse box where these wires may have been connected?

As for the ignition switch, that is NOT likely to be the problem, if it were bad, it would definitely would have affected more than the lighting.... At this time, I recommend having the vehicle scanned for codes, you will need to take it to the dealer so they can scan ALL onboard modules, we need codes from all modules to be sure where the problem lies....

let me know if you can do this, if you can, please post codes here and we will continue from there....

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is two connection boxs under the fuse box. The yellow wire goes to one box which I found a slot where I could connect yellow wire but the box where the white and blue wire goes doesn't have a slot that I could find. I'll keep looking. I have no way of checking the codes, so I'll probably have to take it somewhere and get it checked. Thanks Jesse.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Cool, Keep me posted, If you get codes, post them here and I will look up the diagnostic info for these codes...

Register Here

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
problem solved by accident. thank u for your help
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.

Cool, what was the cause? I like it when that happens, I sometimes fix things by accident also....

Register Here